We Now Sevice and Repair Brompton Bikes. Call for charges or a Quote.
Bronze service - £40 + vat.
- Check all nuts and bolts for correct torque.
- Check wheels spin freely.
- Check condition of tyres and inflate to the correct pressure.
- Check bottom bracket for free movement and adjust as required.
- Check gears and braking system and adjust as required.
- Check transmission parts for wear and lubricate chain.
- Check headset for free movement and adjust as required.
- Lubricate all cables.
- (Does not include parts or servicing of suspension or hydraulic brakes).
Silver service - £65 + vat
As bronze service plus:
- True, tension and dishing of both wheels.
- External adjustment of all bearings.
Gold service - £95 + vat
As silver service plus:
Our gold service offers you a complete overhaul of your cycle returning its mechanical condition to as new.
- Full strip down to frame and forks.
- Frame and forks cleaner and checked for alignment.
- All threads checked and cleaned.
- Bottom bracket removed, cleaned, checked for wear and re fitted with fresh grease and adjustment.
- Headset removed, cleaned, checked for wear and re fitted with fresh grease and adjustment.
- Hubs disassembled, cleaned, checked for wear and reassembled with fresh grease and adjusted.
- Chain cleaned and re lubricated, gears fine tuned.
- Brake pads checked and replaced if required, brakes tuned.
- All other parts removed, checked for wear, cleaned and re lubricated replacing any parts where necessary.
- (does not include parts or servicing of suspension or hydraulic brakes).
Fork and rear suspension servicing will be charged according to the external servicing agents (or our designated in store mechanics where applicable).
We charge a handling fee of £30 to cover removal, postage, refitting and adjustment.
Specialized service price list:
|07-09 Enduro AFR||£95|
|07-09 Epic/SJ AFR Brain||£110|
|10-13 Fox SJ Brain||£120|
|10-13 Fox Epic||£120|
|Cane Creek Double Barrel||£110|
Safety Check / MOT - £20 +vat
Full safety check including
- Check all nuts and bolts or correct torque.
- Check wheels spin freely.
- Check condition of tyres and inflate to correct pressure.
- Check bottom bracket for free movement and wear.
- Assess condition and any requirement of gears and braking systems.
- Check headset for wear and movement.
- Check transmission for wear.
- List any recommendations.
|Repairs||Price +VAT||Extras||Price +VAT|
|Fit tyre and tube on 1 Standard Wheel||£9|
|Fit tyre and tube on 2 Standard Wheels||£15||1x wheel with hub gears||£14|
|Brake adjust (x1)||£7||Fit mech||£18|
|Fit brake pads (pair)||£7||True wheel (from)||£15|
|Fit brake cable||£7||Fit front wheel||£8|
|Bleed disc brake (x1)||£15||Fit rear wheel + set gears||£20|
|Hydraulic disc brake service (x1)||£20||Fit bottom bracket||£20|
|Disc brake mount facing||£20||Fit chainset||£15|
|Gear adjusting||£18||Fit wheel bearings/axle||£12|
|Fit chain (single speed)||£10||Fit forks||£25|
|Fit chain + adjust gears||£18||Fit headset||£18|
|Fit chain and cassette||£18||Bike build (per hour)||£35|
|Exchange cassette||£8||Drivetrain degrease / lube||£30|
|Fit gear cable||£10|
|Full mudguard sets||£15||Grips/bar tape||£8|
|Clip-on mudguard sets||£10||Lock||£5|
All prices are listed above as a guideline and can vary depending on the style, age and condition of the bike. We have a minimum charge of £5 and an hourly rate of £35 to which these costs listed are based upon.
At micks cycles we have limited space for storing our customers repair bikes and therefore will have to charge of £1 per day storage for any bike that is not collected 7 days after the agreed date.